December 15, 2022
Molten chocolate cakes are a staple dessert in American restaurants for a reason – who can resist its gooey, chocolate goodness? Once you dig into its soft, cakey outer shell, you’re greeted with a surprise; melted chocolate! It’s the perfect dessert to close a meal, or even just when you’re craving something sweet. With this recipe, you don’t even have to wait until dinner is over to get your hands on this delectable dessert – all you need is 20 minutes!
● 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter
● 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably Valrhona
● 2 eggs
● 2 egg yolks
● 1/4 cup sugar
● Pinch of salt
● 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
● 4 ramekin bowls
● Stainless steel mixing bowl
● Measuring cups
● Scale and measuring bowl
● Measuring spoon
● Dessert plate
● Dessert spoon
Tips to Note:
● The cake batter can be refrigerated until use. Make sure it’s at room temperature before you resume baking.
● Although delicious enough on their own, you can serve them with a swirl of whipped cream or ice cream for an even better experience.
1. Preheat your oven to 230℃.
2. Grease and lightly flour 4 ramekin bowls. Shake off any excess flour and set them on a baking sheet/tray.
3. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler over simmering water.
4. In a separate, medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and salt at high speed until the mixture is thickened and pale in colour.
5. Once the butter and chocolate has melted, whisk until smooth. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture alongside flour.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins. Use a spoon to avoid mess.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides have turned firm and the centres soft and slightly sunken in.
8. Once the cakes have finished baking, let cool for 1 minute. Cover the ramekins with dessert plates and wait a few seconds before turning them over. Dig into the cake with a dessert spoon.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
September 30, 2023
Two of the most popular Japanese noodle dishes, Ramen & Udon. Which one is your favorite?
September 28, 2023
A dish that can be served as a main course, side dish, or appetizer?
September 24, 2023
Spicy noodle soup brimming with complex flavors..
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.