Top 3 Differences between Silicone and Metal Cake Moulds
For the undecided, here's some insight as to whether metal or silicone is right for your baking needs.
1. It requires far less greasing, and is more effective with sticky materials like custard.
2. It's easier to clean, especially between the nooks & crannies.
3. It's flexible and easily portable for outdoor events, but needs support structures to prevent deformation with larger cakes. Works well with the casual cupcake batch.
1. Metal tends to offer better heat distribution and thus produce far more detailed designs, such as the browning of cakes.
2. When taken care of well, it's extremely durable. One can last you a lifetime.
3. It's classy and perfect for the aspiring professional baker. Or the aspiring perfectionist.
So what do you think, silicone
? Browse to find one to your liking!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.